miércoles, 11 de marzo de 2009

At the olypmus (spanish below)

Everything started 3500 years ago, and since then there in no one day in which a bunch of human being thinks about it. There are many different myths about how it all come together and ended up the way we know it today. Countries have invested colossal amounts of many to prepare their cities and citizens to be part of this magic event that brings the world together. It has been the reason for many people to work their hearts out, to push the limits, and leave their names printed in history: THE OLYMPIC GAMES.

I still remember myself sitting at home watching the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. Though I pay attention to how my country was doing, my main attention was focused somewhere else: the pool. I don’t know if you remember but it was 2000 when Ian Thorpe shine out to the word. He was only 17 years old. Racing in the 400m freestyle, he won the gold medal by breaking his own world record. An hour after this triumph, Thorpe swam the anchor leg for Australia in the 4x100m freestyle relay, getting the second place. Two days later, Thorpe earned a silver medal in the 200m freestyle. Next he swam the leadoff leg for Australia's 4x200m freestyle relay team that went on to win in world record time. Although he did not participate in the final, Thorpe gained a fifth medal, a silver, by swimming in a preliminary heat of the 4x100m medley relay.










Well, I never thought that I would be able to swim in the same pool as Ian Thorpe, and I did. Nicolas, my cousin, has been playing a tennis tournament at the Olympic Park. As I wanted to see a match I managed to leave earlier at work and head to the court. When I got there, things where not working out so I decided to take a look around. I didn’t know how far the swimming pool may be, but I took my stuff. Lucky enough, the pool was just 5 minutes away from the courts.

Guys; the feeling of getting into that pool was indescribable. I have never ever seen a bigger pool than that one. It’s colossal; you have to be there to experience it. Though I was filling a small pain on my shoulder, I could not resist getting into the pool and do some laps. IT WAS AMAZING!

If you ever liked sports, there is no better feeling than to train where your idols have!



En el Olipmo


Todo comenzó 3500 años atrás y desde entonces no pasa un día en que un ser humano no piense en ello. Existen varios mitos de cómo surgió y derivo en lo que nosotros vivimos. Son varios los países que han invertido colosales sumas de dinero para prepara sus ciudades y ciudadanos para formar parte de este evento que une al mundo entro. Es la razón por la cual muchísimos atletas dan sus vidas, se esfuerzan hasta superar los límites, dejando una huella en la historia: Los Juegos Olímpicos.

Aun puedo recordar como mire las olimpiadas Sydney 2000. Si bien me interese por cómo le iba a la argentina en el medallero, mi atención estaba en otro lado: la pileta. No sé si recordaran, pero fue en el 200 cuando Ian Thorpe se robo los aplausos del mundo entero. Con solo 17 años, corrió los 400m libres ganando la medalla de oro y rompiendo su propio record mundial. Una hora más tarde fue convocado para formar parte en la posta 4x100m libre en la cual Australia obtuvo en segundo puesto. Dos días más tarde obtuvo una medalla de plata en los 200m libre y luego formo parte del equipo australiano en los 4x200m libre rompiendo nuevamente un record mundial. Si bien no participo en la final de los 4x100m medley, obtuvo una medalla por ser parte del equipo en las preliminares.










Nunca imagine nadar en la misma pileta que Ian Thorpe, mucho menos en la cual el mundo lo aclamo. Niko, mi primo, estuvo jugando un torneo en el Parque Olímpico. Como tenía ganas de ver cómo le iba, me las arregle en el laburo para rajarme antes y ver qué onda. Cuando llegue el partido no iba de lo mejor.. acto seguido me fui a dar una vuelta pa no poner presión alguna (si es que se sentía así). Obviamente me había llevado la indumentaria para la pileta. Y ahí estaba a solo 5 min caminando.

Gente; la sensación de estar en esa pileta es indescriptible. Nunca vi algo tan grande, tan copado, tan monumental. Es colosal. Tienen que estar ahí para vivirlo. Si bien estaba medio jodido del hombre, no pude resistir la tentación de meterme y nadar! UNA LOCURA MAN!







2 comentarios:

Angie dijo...

Me vas a llevar a conocerla cuando vaya a verte??? jajaja
Besos

Anónimo dijo...

uh estas re limado, hablas con alguien que no esta, pareces el del naufrago!! WILSON!!
ck

Queres saber mas sobre?