miércoles, 21 de enero de 2009

January Summary (en/sp Soon)

I would like to excuse myself for not giving any news in such a long term. I was leaking inspiration, but here I am again. A lot of things happened during this 20 days I've been off. As you know, once I start writing it's hard to spot me. Consequently, I'll try to summarize and focus on the key events I've been through lately.



NYE
I already told you about the fireworks on New Year's Eve. Trust me… the vibe I felt that night on the streets was even better then the show. Everyone was having fun, with friends, with relatives, with strangers. I spend NYE with El Negro and Hernan and some of their backpacker friends at Rushcutters Bay, with has a very nice view of the Harbour Bridge. Unfortunately you cannot see the Opera House from this spot, but it was OK for us. The streets where packed… some people where having kind of an open party at the streets with amateur DJ's, and so one… awesome! We got to know a young Uruguay couple who were traveling in the area and we invited them to join us at Soho Disco later on. I got home round 7am. I had to be at work at 12:30 on the 1st of January, but that didn't stop me and have a hell of a time!



Turning into a Surfer
What's a ding? Well a ding is a scratch a hole in a surfboard that needs to be repaired or a depression in the glass. Short after NYE Pao and Gon invited me over for a surfing session with some friends at Morubra. In this specific place, the waves are quite big and violent, something that motivates me a lot when it comes into surfing! Though I am not good at all, I like the challenged. I did my best to managed and get some nice rides, but in one of those… a surfer went over my board with his, doing a ding on the nose of mine. I didn't notice it till I was onshore. Many surfers say that u become a surfer when u get your big first ride, some others… when u make your board his first ding! Fix it coasted me $80, not much fun, but I had to, otherwise the board gets damaged by the water every single day u get it into the ocean.



My cousin's arrival
A new period started on the 4th of January: The Jenik epoch. Since my cousin arrived my life changed radically. For the ones who already met him, he is one of those guys wthat can not stay calm for long. You may be talking to him about something and his mind is already somewhere elses. This and many other of his attitudes and reactions remained me off some good friends I have back home; that's so cool. I could say he's also a natural networker. He has friends all over the world, and since he arrived I have been out almost every night meeting his freinds. It amazes me how many nightclubs/bars I was missing! All of them are to in for me… but not for my cool cousin. Having so much fun implies spending much more money on going out, dinging, drinking, aso… My finances are going to hell, but at least I'm having fun. I'm really happy for having him here! Trsut me, there will be much more things to tell you about Niko and I going out in the following months!

3

3


Moving out/in
Since Niko got here, he has been looking for a flat to move in. At the beginning he was looking for a 1 bedroom apartment, but after going out a few nights together and seeing that we were getting along easily he asked me if I would like to move in with him. I accepted immediately, cause with him... fun is guarantee. So we looked and looked and we got it. A nice 2 bedroom apartments fully furnished, just a few blocks away of where I was living and he was staying. After applying for the property and being approved, we went to the agency to singe the contract and they told us they where taking the property out of the market cause it was going to be renovated. Niko and I showed our disappointment and complained about the unprofessional behavior and hours later they told us the property was to be taken, so we signed all the documentation and we moved in on the 20th of January. Once we got our stuff in, we found out that many things were not OK in the flat so we complained again and asked for a discount on the weekly rent till everything get's fix. Still don't know if we are gonna get it. The place is quite space full, and well decorated, so it makes it feel like home! Here u have some pics.


Almost Bowl Head
As a traveler I am used to pack and unpack hundred of times during a long trip. Even tough, this time packing got me into my nerves. I had so many stuff spread all over the house that putting everything into my bags drove me nuts. After 2 days of trying and trying to get my packing done and not being successful… I couldn't hold it any more and I decided to do something radical, under drastic circumstances, I cut my hear. Now I have 5cm hair, when I used to have hair till my shoulders. This is me.. :P






Resumen Enero

Quisiera empezar disculpándome por desaparecer x tanto tiempo. Estaba poco inspirado, pero parece que volvió la racha! Varias cosas pasaron en estos últimos 20 días. Dado que cuando me pongo a escribir es difícil parar, esta vez opte por la metodología bullets para resumir cada idea y no embolarlos.


Año nuevo
Ya les conté sobre lo espectacular que estuvieron los fuegos artificiales. De todos modos, la buena onda de la gente es otra de las cosas a recalcar de dicha experiencia. Todo el mundo estaba con ganas de pasar un buen rato con amigos, parientes y hasta gente que ni conocían. Yo pase la noche con El Negro, Hernan y unos amigos backpackers de los chicos en Rushcutters Bay, con una buena vista del Harbour Bridge. Lamentablemente no se veía el Opera House ni en figuritas, pero igual... recomiendo el spot. Las calles estaban repletas de gente festejando, había DJ caseros tocando y la gente bailando onda boliche, muy bueno. Durante la noche nos cruzamos con una pareja de Uruguayos buena onda y se prendieron en el resto del recorrido. Llegue a casa a eso de las 7am, luego de parrandear con los chicos en Soho Disco. El 1ro entre a laburar a las 12:30, para que explicar el estado en el que estaba!



Ding
Que es un Ding? Se le llama Ding a la fisura o golpe que sufre una tabla de surf que debe ser reparado para mantener la performance de la misma. Unos días luego de Año Nuevo, Pao y Gon me invitaron a surfear con unos amigos a Morubra. En esta playa las olas son más violentas, más grandes cosa que me motiva a la hora de meterme al agua. Sigo siendo un queso, pero me genera adrenalina. Le puse onda y surfie unas linas olitas, pero en una… un flaco paso con su tabla sobre la mía y me clavo una de sus fins en la nariz de mía. No me di cuenta hasta que Salí del agua. Muchos surfistas dicen que uno se convierte en surfista cuando pega su primer buena ola, otros… cuando le haces el primer ping a tu tabla! El arreglo me salió unos $80. Nada barato, pero debía arreglarla, de lo contrario arruinas la tabla!




Niko
Un nuevo periodo comenzó el 4 de junio: La Era Jenik. Desde que llego mi primo a Australia mi estilo de vida cambio radicalmente. Para aquellos que aun no lo conocen, el flaco tiene hormigas en el culo, no puede estar tranquilo por más de 5 min. A veces le estás hablando y le preguntas algo... el flaco ya está en la cabeza en otra cosa. Esto y muchas de sus reacciones/actitudes me hacen acordar a un par de mis amigos de Baires, cosa que me hace sentirme más cómodo. Niko es sencillamente un networker, tienen amigos y contactos repartidos por todo el mundo y desde que llego no hacemos otra cosa que salir de parranda con esa gente. Incontables son los boliches y bares que me estaba perdiendo de Syd. Todos muy top para mí, pero no para Niko! Pasarla bien tiene sus costos, mis finanzas se están yendo al carajo, pero bueno hay q disfrutar la vida. La verdad que estoy muy contento de tener a este loco x Syd!





Mudanza
Desde el primer momento en que supo que se venía para Syd, Niko estuvo viendo depots online, me pidió que le vaya a ver algunos, etc... La idea principal del era alquilarse un depto de 1 ambiente, pero luego de noches de joda y pasarla bien juntos me pregunto si tenía ganas de mudarme con él. Mi respuesta fue un rotundo si: es mi primo y además Niko es diversión asegurada. Por lo cual estuvimos buscando y buscando y por fin encontramos. Estamos alquilando un depto de 2 ambientes, completamente amueblado, a unas cuadradas de donde vivía antes. Fue una odisea obtener el depto. Una vez que nos aceptaron para alquilar e íbamos a firmar el contrato, nos dijeron lo estaban sacado del mercado x que iba a reformas. Nos calentamos con Niko y les cantamos que era re poco profesional etc.… y luego de que nos fuimos, a los 30min nos llamaron para decirnos que el depto era nuestro. Según lo arreglado las reformas se harían más adelante. La cosa es que hicimos la mudanza y cuando llegamos estaban todos los materiales en el piso y las ventanas sin terminar…así que pedimos un descuento en la renta. El lugar esta bueno y nos gustaría quedarnos, pero si las cosas no cambian veremos qué pasa…




Rapado
En la vida he dado muchas vueltas x el mundo y empacar y desempacar no es algo a lo que no esté acostumbrado. Sin embargo, esta mudanza me puso de mal humor. Luego de vivir 4 meses en el mismo lugar tenía todas mis pertenencias desparramadas por la casa. El hecho de tener q buscar y ordena todo me sobre paso. Luego de 2 días de iniciar el proceso y no concretarlo me agarro la gran loca y necesitaba hacer algo al respecto, algo que me sacara la atención de eso, algo que rompiera con todo, AIRE. Situaciones criticas requieren medidas radicales y…. ME RAPE. Tengo 5mc de pelo cuando en los últimos 6 años como mínimo lo tuve largo. Acá toy!

No hay comentarios:

Queres saber mas sobre?